Buttery Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
As the name implies, this is a recipe that is rich and delicious. Since you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries, you can make this cobbler year-round.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the berries, lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Set aside. Place butter in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; melt butter in a 350° oven.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar with flour, baking powder, salt, milk and egg. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon reserved berry mixture over batter. Do not stir.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve at room temperature with whipped cream or whipped topping. Yield: about 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 231 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC