- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- In a saucepan, combine the berries, lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Set aside. Place butter in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; melt butter in a 350° oven.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar with flour, baking powder, salt, milk and egg. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon reserved berry mixture over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve at room temperature with whipped cream or whipped topping. Yield: about 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Buttery Blueberry Cobbler
"2 stars. I followed the recipe exactly, and I thought it was way too sweet and too salty. If I made it again, I would make the following alterations: use unsalted butter, less salt, and 1/3 of the amount of sugar.That being said, my roommate loved it and enjoyed the contrast of the sweet and salty."
"The taste is great. . Next time, I would double the amount of blueberries, as it was a little dry. I used frozen berries. Served with vanilla ice cream. Company raved about it"
"I agree that it's rather pointless to adjust the recipe before you've tried the original and then rate your own. I gave this a 4 because I thought the berry mixture was a bit too sweet. (I'm usually the one to add more sugar to my recipes because I prefer more sweet over tart.) Not sure that I'd make this again as I love trying lots of recipes until I find the one I can't live without. Having said that, I'm sure there would be no complaining if you served this to your guests!"
"I made this today with fresh blueberries, what a great recipe. I followed the recipe as written ( maybe a few more berries I didn't measure them). My husband had two helpings. Definitely a keeper!"
"It always surprises me how any one can rate a recipe but then they tell you how they changed the whole recipe or added this and that and changed the original recipe. If you don't make the recipe as it is listed then your review is useless and void to others looking to make it, Just because you may not like the original recipe and want to make changes to everything makes your review void and useless to others. Think before you post your review. I want a review of the original recipe NOT what you changed and added to the recipe!"