Buttery Basil Beans
I grow green beans and basil and I thought I'd try combining the two. The results were yummy, particularly since the beans remain crisp and fresh tasting.Bernadette Bennett, Waco, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add the
- beans. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in
- butter and basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 49 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.