Buttery Apple Biscuits Recipe
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, milk and molasses; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in apple. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 each: 149 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Buttery Apple Biscuits
"Is it just me or is this recipe supposed to have another cup of flour? I made it according to the recipe with one cup and it was sticky and unworkable until I added another. Otherwise they're pretty good."
"I tripled this recipe as there are five of us and added cinnamon...very good! They didn't make it 24 hours in the house!"