- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, milk and molasses; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in apple. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
Reviews for Buttery Apple Biscuits
Sort By :
"Is it just me or is this recipe supposed to have another cup of flour? I made it according to the recipe with one cup and it was sticky and unworkable until I added another. Otherwise they're pretty good."
"I tripled this recipe as there are five of us and added cinnamon...very good! They didn't make it 24 hours in the house!"