Buttery Almond Pear Cake
Pears and almonds make a mouthwatering match in this cake from Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida. “It looks pretty with the fruit on top,” she pens. “How can something this simple taste this wonderful?”Lillian K. Julow, Gainesville, Florida
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/4 cups blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup plus 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained and thinly sliced
- In a food processor, combine almonds and 1/2 cup sugar. Cover and
- process until blended; transfer to a bowl. Stir in flour and salt.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 4 tablespoons butter; whisk in eggs
- and milk. Stir into almond mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Arrange pear slices over batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; dot
- with remaining butter.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until
- crust is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 334 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.