Buttery Almond Green Beans Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the beans, water and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the almonds, cheese and paprika. Drain beans; drizzle with butter and sprinkle with almond mixture. Toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Buttery Almond Green Beans
"This dish was absolutely fantastic! I loved it and had been hoping to have leftovers for lunch today, but my family devoured it all! I gave it four stars instead of five only because 6 tbsp is WAY too much butter. Half that much, or even less, is plenty. But with that minor adjustment, I highly recommend this dish!"
"Made this for Christmas dinner. Added sauteed mushrooms and bacon. The family loved it, there was nothing left after dinner"
"I used two, 12oz bags of frozen great beans, and then followed the recipe exact. This was so good! Mine was a little redder than the picture, I think I threw some extra paprika in by mistake.....yummy! This goes in my husband's favorite recipe folder!!"
"This was not for us. I'll continue with my regular recipe with bacon, much more flavorful."
"Amazing! The taste is great!I shortened the buter to 2 TBSP and it turned out great!"
"A good recipe to use fresh beans from the garden. Tasty"
"Just loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was so good will do anytime I have fresh green beans!"
"I love this recipe with one change instead of simmering in water I use beef broth. They come out great."
"I used two lbs. frozen green beans instead of fresh and added about 1/4 cup chopped fresh onions as well. I also reduced the butter to 4 tablespoons and will reduce it even more next time. Delicious! I filled a bowl and made a meal out of it - they're that good!"