Buttery Almond Cookies
"My husband loves these cookies," says Elaine Anderson of Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. "They have an old-fashioned flavor that goes well with a cup of tea. Plus they're simple to put together."
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until
- light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Stir in almonds. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 13-16 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and cookies are set.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool
- completely. Roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 148 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.