I took a cheesecake bar recipe and added a new flavor combo to transform it! The butterscotch and toffee really taste divine here. —Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, West Virginia
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brickle toffee bits, divided
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil and 1 egg; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add remaining egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in 1/2 cup toffee bits. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and remaining toffee bits. Return to oven; bake 1 minute longer. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate 2 hours or until cold. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch-Toffee Cheesecake Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Butterscotch-Toffee Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review