I first started using this recipe about 40 years ago when our kids were little. They were always delighted when this showed up on the breakfast table. And I was delighted that they were taking the time to eat breakfast!
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon half-and-half cream
- 6 to 8 pieces of toast
- In a bowl, beat brown sugar, butter and cream until smooth. Spread on
- toast. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.