Butterscotch Snickerdoodles Recipe
This recipe is a combination of the traditional Snickerdoodle recipe and my mother's best spritz recipe. Everyone comments on the unique combination of ingredients.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and extracts. Combine flours, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in butterscotch chips and almonds.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls, then in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
2 each: 151 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Snickerdoodles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC