- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and extracts. Combine flours, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in butterscotch chips and almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Snickerdoodles in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p72
Reviews for Butterscotch Snickerdoodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2010
"Definitely a different combination, but it goes well together. In my opinion definitely a good tea cookie. They are good dunked in tea if you are a dunker."