Butterscotch Snack Cake Recipe
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in dry cake mix.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 307 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Snack Cake
"This has become my go to cake for all occasion. My family loves it. I have started to make changes in the recipe for my own benefit. to decrease the sugar amount (for health reason) I use a boxed sugar free cake mix. I also make my own butterscotch pudding (creamy butterscotch pudding from taste of home). the microwave oven makes it a snap. thanks for a great cake."
"It was good. It reminded me of a butterscotch blondie recipe I use, but since it had milk instead of Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk it was not nearly as rich. If I make it again I may fold in the butterscotch chips (I omitted the nuts) & try an 8X8 or 9X9 pan."
"This recipe has been a crowd-pleaser to whatever event I take it to. It is extremely easy to make and it is so tasty! :)"
"Not the best looking cake I have ever made but might be the tastiest."