Butterscotch Snack Cake
Handy pantry ingredients , including cake and pudding mixes, are the key to this moist, golden cake from Joanie Ward of Brownsburg, Indiana. It has a chewy, nutty topping and big butterscotch flavor.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in
- dry cake mix.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with
- butterscotch chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on
- a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 307 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.