Handy pantry ingredients , including cake and pudding mixes, are the key to this moist, golden cake from Joanie Ward of Brownsburg, Indiana. It has a chewy, nutty topping and big butterscotch flavor.
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in dry cake mix.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Snack Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p8
Reviews for Butterscotch Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review