- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in dry cake mix.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Butterscotch Snack Cake
Sort By :
This has become my go to cake for all occasion. My family loves it. I have started to make changes in the recipe for my own benefit. to decrease the sugar amount (for health reason) I use a boxed sugar free cake mix. I also make my own butterscotch pudding (creamy butterscotch pudding from taste of home). the microwave oven makes it a snap. thanks for a great cake.
It was good. It reminded me of a butterscotch blondie recipe I use, but since it had milk instead of Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk it was not nearly as rich. If I make it again I may fold in the butterscotch chips (I omitted the nuts) & try an 8X8 or 9X9 pan.
So simply said, this simply excellent. It's easy to prepare. First time, I prepare cake mix and combine pudding...Definitely will make these again.
This recipe has been a crowd-pleaser to whatever event I take it to. It is extremely easy to make and it is so tasty! :)
Not the best looking cake I have ever made but might be the tastiest.