Butterscotch Shortbread Recipe
After sampling these tender cookies in a specialty store, I knew I had to duplicate them. My version has lots of toffee bits and butterscotch chips. I give away dozens as home-baked gifts. —Sandra McKenzie, Braham, MN
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cornstarch and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in butterscotch chips and toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. fluted round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Butterscotch Shortbread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC