After sampling these tender cookies in a specialty store, I knew I had to duplicate them. My version has lots of toffee bits and butterscotch chips. I give away dozens as home-baked gifts. —Sandra McKenzie, Braham, MN
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cornstarch and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in butterscotch chips and toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. fluted round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Shortbread in Country Woman June/July 2009, p40
Reviews for Butterscotch Shortbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review