Butterscotch Raisin Cookies Recipe
In Northampton, Pennsylvania, Victoria Zmarzley-Hahn bakes these chewy oatmeal cookies that are full of butterscotch chips and raisins. "Every so often I add a half cup of chopped pecans to a batch for something different," she notes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:21 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and butterscotch chips (dough will be stiff).
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC