Butterscotch Pumpkin Puffs Recipe
Yummy things come in these little pudding-rich "packages". The puffs can be made and frozen in advance, then filled before serving for a time-saving yuletide dessert.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:60 servings
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup whipped topping, optional
- CREAM PUFFS:
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and spices; beat on medium speed for 30 seconds. Blend in pumpkin and whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition with an electric mixer. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from the oven; turn oven off. Cut a slit halfway through each puff and return to the oven for 30 minutes with the oven door open. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each puff. Dust with confectioners' sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC