- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup whipped topping, optional
- CREAM PUFFS:
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and spices; beat on medium speed for 30 seconds. Blend in pumpkin and whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition with an electric mixer. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from the oven; turn oven off. Cut a slit halfway through each puff and return to the oven for 30 minutes with the oven door open. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each puff. Dust with confectioners' sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Pumpkin Puffs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p40
Reviews for Butterscotch Pumpkin Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
"I made this yesterday for our church,,it was a big hit,,I added more flour the second time I made it and made my puffs bigger,,great recipe"