- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup whipped topping, optional
- CREAM PUFFS:
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and spices; beat on medium speed for 30 seconds. Blend in pumpkin and whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition with an electric mixer. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from the oven; turn oven off. Cut a slit halfway through each puff and return to the oven for 30 minutes with the oven door open. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each puff. Dust with confectioners' sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Pumpkin Puffs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p40
Reviews for Butterscotch Pumpkin Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
"I made this yesterday for our church,,it was a big hit,,I added more flour the second time I made it and made my puffs bigger,,great recipe"