When I'm in the mood for something sweet, this is the recipe I reach for. The addition of butterscotch pudding makes this a tasty twist on traditional pumpkin pie.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cool.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended.
- Pour into crust. Chill for at least 2 hours. Combine topping ingredients; serve with pie. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie in Country Woman May/June 1994, p36
Reviews for Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review