Butterscotch Pumpkin Mousse
Folks will never guess a dessert as creamy and delicious as this butterscotch-pumpkin blend from Anniston, Alabama’s Patricia Sidloskas could be so low in fat and calories!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping, divided
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Combine the pumpkin, cinnamon,
- ginger and allspice; fold into pudding. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped
- Transfer to individual serving dishes. Refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup mousse with 2 tablespoons whipped topping equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.