Everyone always raves how much better this pudding tastes than the kind you make from a box.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, eggs, salt and milk. Cook over
- medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to bubble and
- thicken. Remove from heat. Blend in vanilla with hand beater. Pour
- into dessert cups and chill. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 350 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.