“We wanted a butterscotch-flavored pudding dessert. After searching many cookbooks, I came up with this version.” Judith Kuehl - Merrill, Wisconsin
- 1 package (16 ounces) cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- Set aside 1 cup cookie crumbs for topping. In a small bowl, combine remaining cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Torte in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p53
Reviews for Butterscotch Pudding Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review