Butterscotch Popcorn Bars
"Dotted with peanuts and raisins, these chewy squares are easy to mix up on the stovetop when I know the grandchildren are on the way," writes Carol Stone of Waverly, Tennessee.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 quarts unsalted popped popcorn
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, peanuts and raisins. In a large
- saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in the marshmallows and
- chips until melted and smooth. Pour over popcorn mixture and stir
- until evenly coated. Immediately pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- pan and press down evenly. Cool before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 132 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.