Butterscotch Pecan Slices
I love the rich, buttery flavor these crisp cookies get from pecans and brown sugar. Once the dough is in the refrigerator, I can have freshly baked cookies in just minutes. For a gathering or when company drops in, I'm prepared with a tasty treat.Esther Thys, Belle Plaine, Iowa
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and
- salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1/2
- cup pecans. Shape into two 7-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining nuts; press gently. Bake at
- 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 101 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.