Butterscotch Pecan Logs Recipe
One of my aunts created this recipe more than 30 years ago. It was always one of our favorite treats at Christmas. Soft, chewy butterscotch candy is coated with crunchy pecans.
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in marshmallow creme and chips until chips are melted. Spread into prepared pan. Cool completely.
- 2. Using foil, lift candy out of pan; discard foil. Cut candy into 2-in. x 1/2-in. pieces. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth.
- 3. Dip candies into caramel mixture; shake off excess. Immediately roll in pecans. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Before serving, cut into slices if desired. Yield: 4-1/2 pounds.
1 serving (1 each) equals 148 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Pecan Logs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC