Butterscotch Pecan Dessert Recipe
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 or 3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch or vanilla pudding mix
- 1. In a small bowl, cut the butter into the flour until crumbly; stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping and pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 232 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Pecan Dessert
"I made this excellent recipe for a BBQ pot luck with friends. The oohs and aahs that went around the table at dessert time were plentiful and audible! I made it exactly as printed with two exceptions. My grocery store only sells the sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix. I reduced the amount of milk in the pudding to 2-3/4 cups. I also replaced the 1/4 cup of pecans for the topping with a crumbled Skor bar (similar to a Heath bar). Absolutely delicious to the last bite!! Thank you, Becky Harrison, for a definite winner!"
"One of our favorites!"
"I tried this recipe when I had a friend visiting, only I doubled the cream cheese filling layer, and we loved it."
"This is the original recipe that my sister made 30 years ago with chocolate pudding. We've modified by using a graham cracker crust but the original one is the best!"