Butterscotch Pecan Bread
Enjoy a slice of this moist, nutty bread with your morning cup of coffee...or bake several loaves to give as gifts. Everyone loves the crunchy pecans and old-fashioned butterscotch flavor.—Angela Ochoa, Lake Elsinore, California
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking
- powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold
- in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 254 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.