- 9 cups cubed day-old white bread (about 8 slices)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream and butterscotch ice cream topping
- Place bread, pecans and butterscotch chips in a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Pour over bread mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream and butterscotch topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Butterscotch-Pecan Bread Pudding
Sort By :
"Directions are very clear jntnewsom and laceyst. Why are you even asking about an oven??"
"Is it baked 3 hours in the oven or is this for a slow cooker?"
"I need a couple of clarifications. 8 slices of bread makes 9 cups of cubed bread? What temperature exactly is low heat for an oven?"
"This was delicious! My family and I are Bread Pudding followers! I used a handful of butterscotch chips and a small handful of semi sweet chocolate chips - turned out wonderful!"
"This was delicious, not too sweet. I didn't use the butterscotch chips, instead I used butterscotch sauce on the top when served."