Butterscotch-Pecan Bread Pudding Recipe
Bread pudding fans just might hoard this yummy butterscotch version. Toppings like whipped cream and a butterscotch drizzle make this dessert absolutely irresistible. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
- 9 cups cubed day-old white bread (about 8 slices)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1. Place bread, pecans and butterscotch chips in a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Pour over bread mixture; stir gently to combine.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream and butterscotch topping. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC