Butterscotch Pears Recipe
This grand finale simmers during dinner and impresses as soon as you bring it to the table. Serve as is, or with vanilla ice cream and a slice of pound cake. Leftover pear nectar is heavenly when added to sparkling wine or enjoyed on ice with breakfast. —Theresa Kreyche, Tustin, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 4 large firm pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pear nectar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. Cut pears in half lengthwise; remove cores. Brush pears with lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, flour, cinnamon and salt; stir in pecans. Spoon into pears; place in 4-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Combine pear nectar and honey; drizzle over pears. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed pear half equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC