Butterscotch Peanut Treats Recipe
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir the corn syrup and butter until butter is melted. Stir in pudding mix until blended. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool for 1 minute, stirring several times. stir in the cornflakes and peanuts until evenly coated.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 173 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Butterscotch Peanut Treats
"This was a nice, fast, and easy recipe to mix up as an after dinner snack one night. The treats tasted great. My one issue is that I couldn't get them to form when I dropped them by tablespoonfuls, so I pressed them into a greased baking sheet with sides."