In Petaluma, California, Bernice Martinoni uses pudding mix to stir up these sweet, crunchy no-bake bites. "If you like butterscotch, you will love these delicious treats," she assures.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir the corn syrup and butter until butter is melted. Stir in pudding mix until blended. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat. Cool for 1 minute, stirring several times. stir in the cornflakes and peanuts until evenly coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Peanut Treats in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p12
Reviews forButterscotch Peanut Treats
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review