Butterscotch Peanut Fudge
"I am a substiture teacher and found this fudge recipe in a very old book in our school library," writes Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama. "It was written before microwaves, so I modified it to make a quick treat. The faculty and staff gave it rave reviews."
78 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chips and marshmallows.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 80% power for 3 minutes or until chips and
- marshmallows are melted, stirring frequently. Stir in peanut butter
- and vanilla until combined. Fold in the peanuts.
- Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 67 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.