Butterscotch Peanut Fudge Recipe
I am a substitute teacher and found this fudge recipe in a very old book in our school library. It was written before microwaves, so I modified it to make a quick treat. The faculty and staff gave it rave reviews. —Peggy Key, Grant, Alabama
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chips and marshmallows. Microwave, uncovered, at 80% power for 3 minutes or until chips and marshmallows are melted, stirring frequently. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until combined. Fold in the peanuts.
- 2. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 67 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC