Butterscotch Peanut Candy
This easy-to-make candy is always a hit during the holidays. The sweet and salty combination is so irresistible, no one can ever eat just one piece.Callie Gregg, St. Lawrence, South Dakota
21-24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- In a microwave, heat chips and shortening, uncovered, at 50% power
- for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth. Add
- peanuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking
- sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes. Yield: 2-1/4
- pounds (3-1/2 to 4 dozen).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 240 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.