Butterscotch Peanut Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 3. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- 4. In a large saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips and butter are melted. Spread over hot crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes longer or until topping is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 147 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Butterscotch Peanut Bars
"Very tasty and easy. Nice to have something different."
"I made this for a family party, VERY GOOD! Everyone fought over the few left and asked for the resipe"
"These are wonderful! Rich but not excessively sweet (amazing for a combination of butterscotch chips & Karo) and very peanutty!"
"very rich but ooh so good and evil"
"Thinner than I expected but very tasty and hold well to use in a few days."