Butterscotch Peanut Bars Recipe
Easy-to-make bars from Margery Richmond in Fort Collins, Colorado are perfect family reunion fare! They hold up in hot weather, stack well and are easy to pick up and eat. With lots of peanuts and butterscotch flavor plus a rich, buttery crust, “Boy, are they good,“ says Margery.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 3. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- 4. In a large saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips and butter are melted. Spread over hot crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes longer or until topping is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC