- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- In a large saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips and butter are melted. Spread over hot crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes longer or until topping is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Butterscotch Peanut Bars
"Very tasty and easy. Nice to have something different."
"I made this for a family party, VERY GOOD! Everyone fought over the few left and asked for the resipe"
"These are wonderful! Rich but not excessively sweet (amazing for a combination of butterscotch chips & Karo) and very peanutty!"
"very rich but ooh so good and evil"
"Thinner than I expected but very tasty and hold well to use in a few days."