Butterscotch Peach Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. For filling, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and flour. Stir in corn syrup and butter until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and extract. Place peaches in a large bowl; add syrup mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Divide dough in half so one ball is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger ball to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 480 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Peach Pie
"GOOD BUT I COULD NOT TASTE THE BUTTERSCOTCH."
"sorry, I meant to ask since you bought a store bought crust!"
"btaylor1, what did you use for the top since you used store bought top?"
"Very tasty, fairly simple to put togther. Filling was a little thin, but the flavor was excellent."
"Nevermind! I found the time and temp."
"Where's the cooking temp and time?"