My husband and I look forward to a hot bowl of oatmeal on cold winter mornings. This sweet version of oatmeal is so good we could eat it almost every day!
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, brown sugar and egg.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5-7 minutes or until mixture boils.
- Add oats; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add
- butter; cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.