Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
"With a cookie-loving husband and seven kids, one batch of cookies doesn't last long here! When I make this colossal recipe, I divide it into thirds and make three different types to please everyone. One with chocolate chips and nuts, another with raisins and one with butterscotch chips. Everyone is happy!"—Lisa Cooper, Paris, Texas
81 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- 1-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a very large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until
- light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 6-3/4 dozen.