- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mixes, baking powder and salt. Combine the water, eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Butterscotch Muffins
Sort By :
"These have potential! I only put a half cup of sugar and they were still too sweet. The texture was really weird and the flavor too eggy. Why in the world does it call for 4 eggs? Next time it needs no added sugar and only 2 eggs and 1/4 of the flour changed to whole wheat. Maybe even skip the vanilla pudding mix and just use the butterscotch pudding. That is almost a completely new recipe though I guess!"
"I was very disappointed in these. They are very dense and heavy. I was hoping for a lighter muffin. Not worth the calories."
"These are awesome! I'll cut back a little on the sugar next time since there's sugar in the pudding mixes, but the flavor of these is amazing. They're super easy too-the batter goes together in no time at all. The muffins will be heading to a church bake sale tomorrow-I'm sure they'll be a good seller."
"Everyone knows I've just made these when they step into my house. They smell delicious and taste even better. Seriously DELISH!!!"
"One of favorite things to do when we have a garage sale is to make up a batch of these muffins to sell. My family members insist on each having one for themselves. They are always very popular. So yummy."