Butterscotch pudding gives a distinctive flavor to these muffins topped with brown sugar and nuts. "My son made them for a 4-H competition and they won first-place purple ribbons," writes Jill Hazelton of Hamlet, Indiana.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mixes, baking powder and salt. Combine the water, eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p21
Reviews for Butterscotch Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review