Butterscotch Maple Topping
I came across this recipe when I was given a half-gallon of fresh maple syrup. The sweet topping tastes great with vanilla ice cream.Janis Kelly, Columbia City, Indiana
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla and salt. Let stand
- for 5 minutes.
- Add cream; whisk for 1 minute or until well blended. Serve over ice
- cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream) equals 116 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.