I came across this recipe when I was given a half-gallon of fresh maple syrup. The sweet topping tastes great with vanilla ice cream.—Janis Kelly, Columbia City, Indiana
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add cream; whisk for 1 minute or until well blended. Serve over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Butterscotch Maple Topping in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p93
Reviews for Butterscotch Maple Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review