Butterscotch Lunch Box Cake
This recipe has been passed around often at the school where I work as a special education aide. It's easy and turns out moist and delicious.Sandy Gwinn, Grassy Meadows, West Virginia
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and pudding mix. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in
- cake mix (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with
- butterscotch chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool
- cake on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 361 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.