This recipe has been passed around often at the school where I work as a special education aide. It's easy and turns out moist and delicious.—Sandy Gwinn, Grassy Meadows, West Virginia
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and pudding mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in cake mix (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Lunch Box Cake in Country Woman November/December 2004, p35
Reviews for Butterscotch Lunch Box Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review