Butterscotch Hot Cocoa Recipe
Most people are used to adding mint flavoring to their hot cocoa. But my family favors this version, which calls for brown sugar and butterscotch ice cream topping. —Aims62, Taste of Home Online Community
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat milk and cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil). Remove from the heat; whisk in the brown sugar, cocoa, butterscotch topping and vanilla until smooth. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Pour into mugs; sprinkle with marshmallows. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup (calculated without marshmallows) equals 337 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Hot Cocoa
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC