Most people are used to adding mint flavoring to their hot cocoa. But my family favors this version, which calls for brown sugar and butterscotch ice cream topping. —Aims62, Taste of Home Online Community
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature marshmallows
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil). Remove from the heat; whisk in the brown sugar, cocoa, butterscotch topping and vanilla until smooth. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Pour into mugs; sprinkle with marshmallows. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Hot Cocoa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p21
Reviews for Butterscotch Hot Cocoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review