- 4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature marshmallows
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil). Remove from the heat; whisk in the brown sugar, cocoa, butterscotch topping and vanilla until smooth. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Pour into mugs; sprinkle with marshmallows. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Hot Cocoa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p21
Reviews for Butterscotch Hot Cocoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2014
Found this recipe on a whim, and glad I did! My family liked it a lot - it was a little too sweet for me, so I might cut back on the butterscotch a little next time.