- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and pudding mix until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 5-in. gingerbread man cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Decorate cookies with frosting as desired. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Butterscotch Gingerbread Men
"We added milk to make the dough a little easier to work with. We didn't refrigerate it overnight just stuck it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. It was still a little sticky to cut out. The cookies were delicious just hard to cut out with cookie cutters."
"I only cooled about 15 minutes because we were in a hurry. Dough was pretty soft but gently workable.We only used a round cookie cutter. Flavor of these cookies was terrific!"
"I made the dough for this recipe and refrigerated it over night. The dough was crumbly and would not roll out so I ended up tossing it. I'm disappoinated as this recipe sounds yummy. Any ideas on how to get the dough to stick together so it will roll out?"